Re: RFS: python-pywcs

Dear Sylvestre,

Am 03.11.2011 21:22, schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> Yes, you are a member. I just checked and you are indeed listed as a member.
> About the VCS issue, it is likely to be a configuration issue on your
> side.

Could you drop me a message when it is solved?

>> I would feel a bit unlucky when I would be moved from the front page to
>> some ChangeLog since I did most of the packaging work for these
>> packages.
> Don't worry, we, sponsors, are not trying to steal your credits.
> The place which matters (and which is shown) is the uploaders.
> If we change the changelog

As long as my name is kept as uploader, I am fine. I would not agree if
my name was removed there.

>> And, I want to be kept responsible for the package
>> with you (or someone else) as a reviewer who makes comments and finally
>> decides about the inclusion, but does not touch the package himself. I
>> see this in the same sense as a review of a science journal paper, is
>> this the right picture of the mentoring process?
> Well, it is not the way most teams work in Debian. If I have to "fight"
> with you to make changes in your package, I prefer you find an other
> sponsor.

I guess this is some kind of misunderstanding here. What do you mean
with "fight with me"? I would think it is normal that one takes the
responsibility for a piece of code, and the others discuss their changes
with him first, instead of just changing them. I would not name this
"fight for changes" (especially in our case since at the end you will
have the final decision on uploading the package). I would not call a
usual peer-review science process as "fighting" either, would you?

But maybe I missed something here in the debian-science-policy?

>> BTW, do you have any comments on my packages?
> No, I haven't look. For science (and Java) packages, I am only
> sponsoring team maintained packages.

I will put them into the repo when the configuration issues are solved.