Re: Python: Including Nosetest

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:51:28 +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
Dear lists,

I am working on a package (python-pywcs) that may include a "nosetest"
which I want to run before installation.

For this, I put the following line into debian/rules (for debhelper):

override_dh_auto_test:
	nosetest

You should not run test against the source package. Instead, you should run tests against the yet-to-be-installed version. You need to use a wrapper for this. I don't know if this is the best example available but it works :

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/cerealizer/trunk/debian/runtests.py?view=markup
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/cerealizer/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup