Introduction

Dear Python Team,

As I have just joined (thank you Piotr!) the python-apps project on
Alioth, I would like to introduce myself.

I am a package maintainer since 2010, Debian Maintainer and on my way to
become a Debian Developer. I am currently maintaining 5 packages, 2 of
which are Python-based packages: autojump and itstool.

I consider myself as quite perfectionist, which is a reason why I like
the high quality standards of the Debian projects, for instance the
requirement to have a manpage for every program. I am also rather
enthusiast with modern packaging standards such as source format 3.0
(quilt), DEP-3, DEP-5 and catchall-style dh7 rules. I also have a
tendency to act and sometimes make mistakes quickly, which is certainly
a way to learn but can be annoying, particularly when there are users
involved… And finally, I am fond of Git, which means I will have to
adapt myself back to Subversion¹. :-)

So, I have joined python-apps in order to include at least one of my
packages, itstool, into it. The practical reason for that is that I need
sponsoring, and that it seems to be easier this way, but I guess there
will be other benefits too; I must also say that I never worked in a
Debian team before.

 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Elessar>
| `-'    Debian Maintainer
 \_

¹ Yes, I know git-svn, but it is still quite different from pure Git,
  and I am not sure this can be easily adapted to the packaging
  workflows.