Request for packaging - Nuitka the Python Compiler

Hello,

I am the upstream developer of Nuitka and am seeking somebody to package Nuitka for Debian.

It's a Python compiler with near complete and unprecedented compatibility:

http://www.nuitka.net/blog/nuitka-a-python-compiler/what-is-nuitka/

I have recently adopted a "git flow" model, where I now support a stable release, plus generally the project is nearing the point of being useful.

Check it out from here:

git clone http://git.nuitka.net/Nuitka.git

The develop branch is further ahead with documentation, otherwise it is supposed to be useful.

I am willing to make changes as you indicate necessary. I had the chance to talk with "Jan Dittberner" during recent PyCON DE and he encouraged me to post here.

Please have a look, let me know what problems you see, and feel free to point me to solutions.

I currently only expect troubles from my use of environment variables over "__file__" relativeness. I have no idea how Nuitka or any code should access "files nearly", so I am using environment variables to find their directory.

Let me say, that I am now a developer using Debian for more than 10 years and thrilled at the perspective to myself as an upstream.

I do my development work on Debian Testing and I will be more than willing to apply changes to make the packaging easy. That is also why I would ask you to use the "develop" branch, because that's where I can make these changes.

Thanks in advance,
Kay