Re: Upstream looks for a proper way to build the packages by itself

Toni Mueller <toni@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, 31.05.2011 at 14:59:25 +0300, Andriy Senkovych <jolly_roger@itblog.org.ua> wrote:
>> I'm an uploader of the buildbot and buildbot-slave Debian packages and
>> a contributor to the buildbot project[1] itself. As you may wonder,
>> buildbot is a distributed continious integration tool written in
>> Python. And since this is a continious integration tool, it would be
>> great if it could support building packages too.
>> distros. Buildbot architecture considers all work should be done on
>> slaves and report the results to master which is great for
>> multiplatform build process. This experience will also be useful for
>> other projects willing to use buildbot.
>
> are you perchance aware of the efforts around Jenkins[1]? If so, what
> do you like or dislike about it? To me, it looks like it could be
> equally well expanded to build packages of all sorts, and non-python
> packages, too (ie, a more general approach).

BuildBot is perfectly able to build non-python packages[1] aswell -
doesn't seem like a less general approach to me. Nevertheless, the
intent here - in my opinion - is not to discuss the merits of BuildBot
vs $something_else.

[1]: http://build.chromium.org/p/chromium/console