Re: pypi-install for python3?

Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:

>On May 15, 2011, at 11:57 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>
>>> http://pkgme.net/
>>
>>Which is rather less complete for Python packaging than stdeb and I'd
>prefer
>>we don't recommend.
>
>Perhaps, but I think it's a good project to contribute to if you want
>to make
>package easier for people (not just for Python stuff).

Grab something from pypi, run it through both, and then compare the resulting packages.

I think it's deeply unfortunate that the pkgme authors chose duplicate something for which there is already a reasonably complete solution rather than focus on areas where that was not the case or improving the existing solution.

Scott K