Re: Switching to git

Ok, flogging the dead horse once more:

On Wed, 09.03.2011 at 11:11:35 -0500, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
> On Mar 09, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> >in my experience, in contrast to bzr (but that was 1-2 years ago, since
> >then those projects switched to GIT), it was also "robustness"
>
> Perhaps.  I've been using bzr for 4 years now and robustness has not been a
> problem, at least as long as 2a format has been the default.

I'm just skimming through the list of plugins for bzr, and notice the
following:

A good proportion (the majority?) of things that plugins are provided
for, work out of the box with git, or are provided easily by hook
scripts which may be packaged independently/elsewhere (see eg.
gitorious, or redmine's repository browser, which works ok for git, but
barely for bzr).

This makes it much less of a burden to upgrade, because I don't need to
take as much care to update the plugins (which might even prove
difficult or impossible), and it makes git actually better at
cross-platform support, too, for the same reason. Conversely, I can
upgrade (almost) whenever I want, and don't have to wait/work, or
otherwise lose half of my functionality.

Kind regards,
--Toni++