Re: Switching to git

Hi,

On Sun, 06.03.2011 at 16:01:04 -0500, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> With bzr the transition from svn is a little easier than that.  Almost any svn
> command you would use, the same command works with bzr, e.g. svn co and bzr
> co.

I can confirm that bzr-svn works much more smoothly than git-svn, but
that's about it, in terms of advantages, as far as I'm concerned.

> Since we're using svn, I don't think cvs clients are particulalry relevant.

I should try to run git-svn against the repo... let's see what happens.

> I find bzr to be very reliable in the projects I use it on (where people are
> using Debian, Ubuntu and some *bsd variants).  It also seems it's learning
> curve is less steep than git's.

I can mostly agree to that, but eg. branching is *MUCH* more of a
hassle and, so far, merging also appears to be much more difficult to
me.

Kind regards,
--Toni++