Re: Switching to git

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 01:56:59AM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 01:33:45PM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> > Let me turn that around: why would you *not* want to use a Python based dVCS?
> > <wink>
> Because the language of a tool shouldn't usually matter at all?
> Because git-buildpackage is widely used while mercurial-buildpackage is
> not?

Well, it's not so widely used that 8 out of 10 git package repos I've
encountered don't fail miserably to do anything sensible with the default
git-buildpackage options.  If the decision is for git, please take care with
the branch layout so that git-buildpackage *does* work out of the box, and
please *do* use the pristine-tar options.