Package relationships for python debug packages

Howdy all,

What relationship should be declared between a binary ‘python-foo-dbg’
package and the ‘python-dbg’ package?

My search-fu must be weak today. I remember a discussion somewhere
regarding Python extensions in C and the resulting ‘python-foo-dbg’
package.

I can't remember the rationale, but the consensus was not what I
expected. Should the binary package ‘Depends: python-dbg’, or should it
instead ‘Recommends: python-dbg’? What's the rationale?

--
 \     “I cannot conceive that anybody will require multiplications at |
  `\   the rate of 40,000 or even 4,000 per hour …” —F. H. Wales, 1936 |