Re: Python3 experimental packages with destination squeeze

[Julian Andres Klode, 2010-09-17]
> The python-apt package provides python3-apt, I see no reason in adding a
> new package here.

how about this one: on my phone, I want to install application written
in Python 3 that uses apt module, after installing python3-apt package,
I suddenly have python2 and my SD card is almost full. What should I do?

> Given that we already have py3k support in the
> python-apt package, we would need to depend on python3-apt anyway, so
> adding a separate package is not useful.

it is, see above

> I am in general not happy about the decision to treat python3 as totally
> separate from python. The first python3 releases in experimental were
> just a normal new version (with some exceptions), now it's like a
> completely different language; resulting in hacking the build system to
> get things work correctly that worked perfectly well in the beginning.

please join us, add Python 3 support to python-central and
python-support (warning: you cannot share files with python2), fix all
upgrade problems we currently have with both of them, design it in a way
that 3rd party module authors will not complain and make it easy to
developers who package Python occasionally (i.e. will not ask you about
pyshared every week) and we'll love you :-)