Re: RFS: python-ordereddict

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 15:26, Davide Cavalca <davide@geexbox.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python-ordereddict".
>
> * Package name    : python-ordereddict
>  Version         : 1.1-1
>  Upstream Author : Raymond Hettinger
> * URL             : http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ordereddict/
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python-ordereddict - drop-in substitute for Py2.7's new
> collections.OrderedDict

> The upload would fix these bugs: 603277
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: some of the tools I use at
> work
> require this package. Plus, I've never packaged Python modules before, and
> this
> seems simple enough to start tackling them.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-ordereddict/python-ordereddict_1.1-1.dsc
>
> This is my first Python package, I'd appreciate reviews or comments on it.
> would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me. I'm CCing fEnIo,
> who is
> my usual sponsor for the GeeXboX packages, and the debian-python list.

what about joining the DPMT and maintain this module with the team [1] ?

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

Please also consider that for squeeze (the current under-development
stable release) this package won't be included, and also in the
release after squeeze (called wheezy) it seems it will be available
only python 2.7 (even if the python maintainer hadn't spoken about it
yet, quite surprisingly ah) .

Regards,