Re: [Python-modules-team] Ftputil

Hello Chris,
please leave all the recipients :)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 00:46, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:24:47 +0200
> Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Chris,
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 19:05, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have put up ftputil. Could a kind soul look it over and perhaps
>> > sponsor?
>>
>> Where did you "put it up"? the last changes I can see on the DPMT SVN
>> are from the Sep 1st. Are you talking about that changes or there is
>> something new?
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Thanks for the response, Sandro.
> Well - I know it was "uploaded" to the master FTP server but there is
> still waits. See the email I got on 8/25 below.
>
> However, I have since put it here (I believe I did this correctly)
> http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/ftputil/
>
> I'm unsure what else I need to do so any advise would be welcome.

> From: Archive Administrator <installer@ftp-master.debian.org>
> To: <dererk@debian.org>, Chris Silva <racerx@makeworld.com>
> Subject: ftputil_2.4.2-1_amd64.changes is NEW
> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:02:05 +0000
> Sender: Archive Administrator <dak@franck.debian.org>
>
> (new) ftputil_2.4.2-1.debian.tar.gz extra python
> (new) ftputil_2.4.2-1.dsc extra python
> (new) ftputil_2.4.2.orig.tar.gz extra python
> (new) python-ftputil_2.4.2-1_all.deb extra python
> High-level FTP client library (virtual filesystem and more)
>  A high-level FTP client library for the Python programming language.
>  ftputil implements a virtual file system for accessing FTP servers,
>  that is, it can generate file-like objects for remote files. The
> library supports many functions similar to those in the os, os.path and
>  shutil modules. ftputil has convenience functions for conditional
> uploads and downloads, and handles FTP clients and servers in different
> timezones. Changes: ftputil (2.4.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>  * Initial release (Closes: #527199)

Ok, so the situation is this: ftputil is a package that never existed
in Debian, you prepared the package, a DD sponsored it, and it's not
waiting for check by the ftp masters.

If I got it right (and you don't have any additional change to version
2.4.2-1) you just simply have to wait :)

In this period we are more caring about preparing the new release, and
so the ftp master, so the processing time of NEW packages could be a
little slow, but don't worry, it will be processed some day.

Regads,