Is runpy missing from python2.6 ?

Dear Debian Python people,

While testing the upgrade of a system to Squeeze, I am experiencing errors like
the following:

  Paramétrage de python-markupsafe (0.9.2-1) ...
  Could not import runpy module
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/pycompile", line 280, in <module>
      main()
    File "/usr/bin/pycompile", line 264, in main
      compile(files, versions, e_patterns)
    File "/usr/bin/pycompile", line 194, in compile
      pipe.send(fn)
    File "/usr/bin/pycompile", line 176, in py_compile
      stdin.write(filename + '\n')
  IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Apt-file suggests that runpy is only available in python2.7, that is not
installed in my system. But actually, python-markupsafe is not
the only module needing runpy: at least python-imaging-tk and python-pkg-resources
give me the same error.

So I wonder: is it an bug in the above packages, or is runpy missing from
python2.6?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy