Re: Quick Update Review

On Friday, August 13, 2010 05:42:35 pm Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com>, 2010-08-13, 17:32:
> >IMO the essential thing for Squeeze was getting X-P-V and X3-P-V
> >supported.
>
> Well, but python-support, the most widely used helper, doesn't support
> X-P-V. So what's the point of adding it to policy now?

Because the current (before today) implementation of pyversions and
py3versions both used XS-P-V and silently ignored versions over/under 3 so
were doing something that the community pretty clearly didn't want.  Switching
py3versions to use X3-P-V instead of XS-P-V was the most important thing and
it would have seemed wrong to me to implement X3-P-V and not also X-P-V along
with it.  Bottom line is I didn't want to release with an implementation that
the community had rejected (and I thought I'd get to it last month, but
didn't).

Scott K