Re: package providing an ipython Extension

On 08/09/2010 03:07 PM, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am packaging a library that provide also an ipython profile.
>
> the file is named like this
> ipy_profile_tango.py
>
> I would like to know what is the best practice for packaging that sort of
> ipython "Extension"
>
> Ps: Usually the IPython extension are in:
>  /usr/share/pyshared/IPython/Extensions
>
> So is it enought to install the ipy_profile_tango.py at that place
> during the build phase of the package ?

It should be, yes.
Please make sure you use python-support as we might run into ugly issues otherwise.
Also please test the installation properly, it might happen that the "Namespace
packages and broken modules" part of /usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz
becomes interesting for you.

 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F