Re: Packages whith “except” overwriting builtins

* Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>, 2010-08-04, 08:31:
There are pychecker, pyflakes, and pylint in Debian.
This specific case raises a warning in pylint, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info, I've added these package names to the
DebianMentorsNet wiki page listing feature wishlists for
mentors.debian.net/lintian-extras.

Frankly, I find none of these suitable for running automatic checks:
- pychecker doesn't support some syntax constructs (#577070);
- signal/noise ratio of pylint is close to zero;
- pyflakes looks promising, but doesn't even detect the bug we are currently discussing.

--
Jakub Wilk