Will DPMT be ok maintaining a package that could potentially build other language bindings?

So I recently uploaded python-libgearman into the svn repository, but bzed pointed out that it didn't build from the swig bindings, and so really wasn't acceptable to upload to Debian.

I agree, and now I have a source package that builds from the upstream swig sources, but this begs the question as to whether or not DPMT wants to maintain something that, long term, should also build lua and ruby bindings.

Here is the branch with the packaging in it:

https://code.launchpad.net/~clint-fewbar/+junk/gearman-interface-packaging

If it seems ok and DPMT doesn't mind having it in the repository when we add ruby/lua bindings, then I'll check it in, otherwise I will seek more broad sponsorship for the package.

Thanks!
-Clint