Re: Specifying Supported Python Versions - Round 2

[Scott Kitterman, 2010-06-30]
> For Python3:
>
> 1.  A new field called X-Python3-Version:  It does not support lists of
> versions (e.g. (3.0, 3.1)).  Acceptable values are a single version (e.g 3.1),
> greater than or equal to a version (e.g. >= 3.1), or strictly less than a
> version (e.g. << 3.2).  Versions 2 or less will raise an error.
>
> 2.  There is no #2.  If your build system uses py3versions -r, then you need
> X-P3-V, if it's not there, an error will be raised.  If it doesn't use
> py3versions -r, then it's between the maintainer and their build system.   The
> field is not mandatory.

why? If py3versions is invoked in debian/rules, then there definitely is
at least one python3-* binary package. Why do you want to make this
field required? I'd make it optional and assume all 3.X versions if
X-P3-V is not set.