Re: Proposed Email to the release team about XS/B-P-V

Il giorno Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:15:46 -0400
Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> ha scritto:

> I have consulted with Luca Falavigna (DktrKranz) and Jakub Wilk (jwilk), who
> did most of the analysis for the last two Python transitions (Adding 2.6 to
> supported versions and the current transition to 2.6 as default) and neither
> of them found this embedded information useful in their analysis.  They did
> their work based on package dependencies.

I conducted my analysis in order to provide binNMUs for python2.6 as
supported version using the method explained at [1]. Fields were used
only marginally to exclude some false positives, most of the job was
done by looking at package content, generated by helpers rather than
XS-P-V or equivalent. Those could be completely ignored in case a
stricted dependency had been in place (e.g. python (<< 2.6)).

[1] <20100123201506.35c9d27f@utumno>

--
  .''`.
 :  :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>