[Half-OT] Plone and: Re: python 2.6 deb for lenny ?

Hi,

On Wed, 21.04.2010 at 06:46:27 +0200, Fabio Tranchitella <fabio@tranchitella.eu> wrote:
> * 2010-04-21 01:17, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > I think Fabio (kobold@d.o) also wanted to / is working on a backport,
> > might make sense to co-maintain that with him. CCed him :)
>
> I'm definitely interested in co-maintaining the backport (and using my own
> backport in production already). I'll have a look at the packages from
> Toni, and see the difference with my own backport.

well... I'm currently trying to create packages for Python 2.6.5 (bpo),
and would really like to get some help with "using" them.

As you know, I'm a Plone user, and I am a bit stumped as to how to
create a clean virtualenv using python2.6 w/o disrupting the rest of
the system...

Some of you recommended using the Unified Installer, which I have quite
mixed results with. I recently talked to a number of Zope and Plone
experts, who uninanimously recommended to stay clear of the UI. So I'm
back to square one, but I'd still like to use a "system" Python instead
of a fully-local Python under eg. /usr/local.

Kind regards,
--Toni++