Re: RFS: python-pyftpdlib

I'm not very experienced, so somethings in this mail may be factually
*wrong*. Please correct anything in this mail that is wrong.

On 06/21/2010 02:49 AM, Janos Guljas wrote:
> RFS: python-pyftpdlib
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor my package "python-pyftpdlib".

debian/watch: Maybe prefix your homepage before the download location?
Currently uscan gives me an error.

> $ uscan --verbose
> -- Scanning for watchfiles in .
> -- Found watchfile in ./debian
> -- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
>    http://pyftpdlib.googlecode.com/files/pyftpdlib-(.*).tar.gz
> uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
>   http://pyftpdlib.googlecode.com/files/ failed: 404 Not Found
> -- Scan finished

Changing it to this worked:
> version=3
> http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/ http://pyftpdlib.googlecode.com/files/pyftpdlib-(.*).tar.gz
(I think it would be a good idea to do this, so that when a DD reviews
your package, it would be easier to download).

You don't seem to have an explicit build-dep on python. Python Policy
[1] seems to require that.

Lintian gives me one informational tag.

Note: I know nothing about how important it is. If you already knew
about it, ignore my mentioning it.

> I: python-pyftpdlib: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
> N:
> N:    The package ships a .html or .pdf file under /usr/share/doc/, which are
> N:    usually documentation, but it does not register anything in doc-base.
> N:    (Files under an examples directory are excluded.)
> N:
> N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 9.10 (Registering Documents using
> N:    doc-base) for details.
> N:
> N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible
> N:

[1]:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ap-build_dependencies.html