Re: How to package a Python module with shared libraries ?

Le lundi 26 avril 2010 à 13:26 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Indeed. I rebuilt Scilab with the rpath and it works. Thanks for the
> tip!
> I wonder what is the best solution:
> * move all content of /usr/lib/scilab/ to /usr/lib/ (it is more than 70
> shared lib). But I would have to do that upstream also just for this
> Python module.

This is feasible only if upstream commits to ABI stability for these 70
libraries, or if you introduce Debian-specific versioning.

> * add the rpath for the libraries in /usr/lib/scilab/

This is usually the correct solution in such cases. But it will prevent
the Python module from loading given how the toolchain currently works.

 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :
`. `'   “A handshake with whitnesses is the same
  `-     as a signed contact.”  -- Jörg Schilling