Re: Is it worth back porting PEP 3147 to Python < 3.2?

On Apr 21, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

>[Barry Warsaw, 2010-04-20]
>> If 10.10 includes
>> only Python 2.7, then sure, we'll only back port to that version.
>
>why do you want to backport it to 2.X for a single python2.x package?

It would only make sense if we wanted to share source between multiple
versions of Python.  So if 10.10 includes only Python 2.7 and we do not think
it's feasible or worth it to also share (many) packages with Python 3, then
the back port isn't worth it.

-Barry