Re: Skip Python 2.6 and use 2.7 as default in Squeeze?

On Apr 21, 2010, at 02:43 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

>> Moreover AFAICT 2.7 is the most compatible-with-the-previous-version
>> Python release in the last 16 years
>
>did you hear about relative imports in 2.7? (enormous transition for us)

Are you sure about this?  Despite what PEP 328 says, I'm not sure that change
actually happened.  I can find no reference to this change in Misc/NEWS on
trunk, nor in the What's New for Python 2.7, and my own (limited) testing
shows that absolute imports have not been enabled by default.  I could be
missing something of course; I'll double check with python-dev.

-Barry