Re: Request to join the python-modules team

[Maximiliano Curia, 2010-04-18]
> I'd like join the python-modules team, I'm packaging pymodbus [1], and I would
> like to add this package to the team. Also, I'm planning to be working in a
> few other python related projects, so I'll probably be adding a few other
> modules as well.

welcome in the team :-)

> The pymodbus package I'm preparing can be fetched here:
> http://maxy.com.ar/debian/pymodbus_0.5.1-1.dsc

few comments after taking a quick look:
* you will have to rename binary package to python-pymodbus
  ("import modbus" doesn't work, "import pymodbus" does),
* .egg-info/requires.txt contains:
   twisted >= 2.5.0
   nose >= 0.9.3
   pyserial >= 2.4
  so you'll have to add python-nose (>= 0.9.3), python-serial (>= 2.4)
  to Depends (looks like we still have pyserial v2.3 in Debian, BTW -
  prod doko). It looks like nose is never used at runtime, however,
  so I suggest to remove requires.txt from binary package,
* Is Priority really "extra"?