Re: zynjacku package - build log

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Jakub Wilk wrote:

* Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org>, 2010-04-05, 23:05:
I just trying my package zynjacku get uploaded.
My sponsor asked me to show build log to some python expert.
Can someone on list review attached build log please?

Thanks for posting the build log!

Dear debian-python, as a prospective mentor, here are the things I'm concerned about in the build log:

First and foremost, it talks about Python 2.5 left and right. I don't want to slow down a Python 2.6 transition.

...well, actually, I think the rest of it looks fine. But would one of you Debian Python experts let me know if the Python 2.5 mentions are a red flag, and if so, how we should avoid them?

2.5 is still(!) the default version in Debian, so it's quite natural that it appears in the build log. I've rebuild zynjacku in an environment with 2.6 as default and it appears to build successfully, so there's nothing to worry about w.r.t. to Python 2.6 transition. On the other hand, it's always recommend to build Python extensions for all supported Python versions (rather than only for the default one).

Thanks! The package seems pretty good, and I think I will sponsor it. Do you see anything else possibly troublesome as far as its Python packaging?

If not, I'll just upload it! (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Your love life will be happy and harmonious.