Re: RFS: python-cloudfiles

"Jonathan Wiltshire" <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 07:11:55AM -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:
>> I would enjoy some feedback from the python team on this package, if
>> someone has a bit of time to review my work.
>
>I can't sponsor your work, but a brief review.
>
>There are just a couple of things outstanding from a Python point of view,
>unless other team members disagree:
>
>You need to build-depend on python-support >= 0.90 for Python 2.6 support.
>
>debian/pycompat is for python-central, please use debian/pyversions.

Actually, pycompat is from the old dh python and should not be used. If it's a CDBS package, there's a bug that causes it to be auto generated. It's better not to have it, but harmless.

I recommend XS-Python-Version in debian/control over debian/pyversions because it's supported by both Python helpers and uses standard Debian notation.

Scott K