Re: python or python-dev ?

* Ludovico Cavedon <cavedon@debian.org>, 2010-03-09, 15:15:
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz says:
 * If your package is arch-all:
   - Build it using its standard build system.
   - Build-depend on python-dev.

lintian says:
N:    The given package appears to have a Python development package
N:    (python-dev, python-all-dev or pythonX.Y-dev) listed in its
N:    Build-Depends or Build-Depends-Indep fields, but only "Architecture:
N:    all" packages are built by this source package. Python applications and
N:    modules do not usually require those dev packages, so you should
N:    consider removing them in favour of python, python-all or pythonX.Y.

Looks like they are in contradiction... which one is the right one?
I would say lintian, but I am not sure...

See this:
http://bugs.debian.org/563749

--
Jakub Wilk