Re: RC severity for Python 2.6 related bugs

Il giorno mar, 02/03/2010 alle 16.21 +0100, Sandro Tosi ha scritto:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 16:13, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:
> >
> > For the packages
> > with low users count it becomes more important since it becomes unlikely
> > that an important bug would get detected that rapidly.... So....
> > lets switch to 2.6 now so we have more time!
>
> Exactly my point.

As a very minor maintainer of few very minor python packages, I just
want to say "me too".

[The reason why I dare writing this email is that there are _a certain
number_ of very minor maintainers of very minor python packages, whose
lifes do not orbit mainly Debian, and I'd like to spare (to me and) to
those other non-gurus, with few users that do the testing, and even less
that test non-default configurations, the rush on important bugs - kept
hidden until the last moment in the name of the "stability of unstable"
principle.
When I volunteered to take the responsability of maintaining my packages
in shape, I didn't just choose Debian as a random hosting to upload them
to: I made an implicit deal with the Debian rules, among which figure
the specific releases mechanisms, which someone else in this case has
the responsability of keeping running. Well, in [0] I can still read
"Use it at your own risk!".]

Regards,

Pietro

[0]: http://www.debian.org/releases/unstable/index.en.html