Re: Ideal directory structure?

On Sat, 2010-30-01 at 23:12 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > It is useful to be able to run a package without installing it for
> > development and testing.
>
> Right. AFAIK there's no way to do that with Distutils (yet).

I'm currently working on a perl application and the same is true for
Module::Build *if* you accept the default structure.  However, it is
customizable and you can set up whatever arrangement of files pleases
you.

The default is:
	script
	lib/My/Module.pm
and I've seen:
	use lib 'lib';
in 'script' however you can induce Module::Build to work with
	script
	My/Module.pm
and then './script' just works.

I don't know enough about the python tools to understand why they would
not allow the same flexibility.

--
--gh