Re: binNMUs for python2.6

Hi Guys,

It is great to see python 2.6 finally in Debian main!!!  Thanks for all
hard work.

Now though about binNMUs:  we started getting emails about failed
builds, e.g.:
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=pymvpa&arch=amd64&ver=0.4.3-2%2Bb1&stamp=1264452581&file=log
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=pymvpa&arch=s390&ver=0.4.3-2%2Bb1&stamp=1264448371&file=log
(I guess more is to come).

where error message is
,---
| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File "setup.py", line 12, in <module>
|     from numpy.distutils.core import setup, Extension
| ImportError: No module named numpy.distutils.core
| make: *** [debian/python-module-stampdir/python-mvpa-lib] Error 1
`---

And, I guess the main reason is that we build-depend on numpy and numpy
wasn't yet built for 2.6 (actually just now building for s390 for which
binary built has failed for our pymvpa)
https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=python-numpy

I understand that may be sooner or later build environment would converge to
the situation whenever all core packages (numpy/scipy/etc) are NMUed, but
wouldn't it make sense first to "manually" requests buildds for the core
packages and only then go for the iterations on the rest?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]