Re: RFS: python-coverage 3.0.1-1

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> [Ben Finney, 2009-10-02]
> >     $ dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-coverage/python-coverage_3.0.1-1.dsc
>
> * why 2.3-2.6 in pyversions? Will it not work with 2.7? Do not worry about
>   Python >= 3 (modules for py3k will be shipped in python3-coverage)

That range of versions is what upstream declares support for. Python 2.7
is not on their list of supported versions.

> * how about adding -dbg package?

Good idea, thanks. I've never looked into how that's done. Where should
I begin reading about it?

Once I learn how to make a ‘foo-dbg’ package, I can do that in the next
release (see below).

> * there's new upstream release already (3.1)

Yes, I've begun work on packaging it.

Thank you for inspecting this package. Is it fit for sponsorship into
Debian?

--
 \           “If you do not trust the source do not use this program.” |
  `\                                —Microsoft Vista security dialogue |