Python packaging

Heyho!

I'm fairly new to Python and absolutely new to packaging python stuff.  So
I'd be happy about a few comments [cc:s appreciated] or pointers to online
resources (sorry, I'm working mostly offline, so I've not looked beyong the
python policy.)

My small application needs python3 (yes, I realize this is just in
experimental.)

-> python-central vs. python-support: is one generally preferred over the
other, or is it just a matter of taste?  Does either already support
python3?  At least python-support appeared not to (it tried to byte-compile
with regular python despite the XS-Python-Version: >= 3.1 header being
present.

-> dh_python reports that I can delete it if dh_pysupport is present.
Python policy says to include both.  dh_python manpage says dh_python is
deprecated.

-> Python policy is unclear: should XS-Python-Version be a field of the
source or the binary package?  XB-P-V is clearly on the binary package.

-> Policy says I should ship my (private) modules in /usr/share/<appname>.
How will Python find the modules?

-> Minor nit: Both /usr/share/python/README.Debian and
/usr/share/python3/README.Debian refer to /usr/share/doc/python2.3/; this
shouuld probably be updated... (or better yet:: generated while building the
package, so it won't be forgotten again?)

Thanks for any comments!

cheers
-- vbi

--