Migration from python-central to python-support

Hello,
since I have read [0], I'm migrating to python-support for the new
version of my python-shapely package.
But I admit that in the followups of the said mail, I got somehow
confused... the 3 lines that Piotr suggests to add:

| if [ "$1" = upgrade ] && dpkg --compare-versions "$2" lt 1.2.3-4; then
| 	pycentral pkgremove python-foo
| fi

seem to be of at least debated utility... however [1] seems still open...
so in the end is there a final position on this at all?

thanks

Pietro

P.S: it was a while since I didn't read mail from the list, but I
think/hope I have read all what could even vaguely have something to do
with the subject... sorry if I missed anything.

[0]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/03/msg00015.html
[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=479852