turbogears2 lacks several dependencies

retitle 530879 missing a lot of dependencies, not available in Debian
thanks

[ Coping -python to look for volunteers for packaging the missing
  libraries. Please Cc-me on replies to the list, as I'm not
  subscribed. ]

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:42:04PM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> Thank you for filing a new Bug report with Debian.

I've investigated a bit more, it turns out the bug is due to a whole
bunch of dependencies of python-turbogears2 that are not even packaged
in Debian. Either they can be relaxed in the shipped software (I've no
idea whether this is possible or not) or they all need to be
packaged. In its current form it is totally pointless to have tg2 in
unstable.

I had to manually install (under /usr/local/lib/python2.5/) using
easy_install the following python packages which, AFAIK, are currently
unavailable in Debian:

- repoze.tm2
- repoze.what-pylons
- ToscaWidgets
- WebFlash

they are all available from PyPy.

Also, I had to install the python-virtualenv package, which is
available in unstable, but not declared as a python-turbogears2
dependency.

At that point, "tginfo" appears in the list of paster
commands. "quickstart" does not appear yet, but it looks like an
upstream problem as it is not part of the entry_points.txt egg
infos ...

Cheers.