Re: question about copyright file

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your answer.
 It is rather the opposite. I am the upstream author of Phatch, and less of a packager. I just now enough to maintain the existing package as it is, but not to do changes to the package.
So if I include the copyright file upstream, I need to know how to change the packaging. Should that be done in debian/rules?
Best regards,
Stani

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
Stani <spe.stani.be@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to include the copyright file in the source tarball of phatch.
> Right now it was only present in the debian svn papt repository. As I feel
> that other linux distributions need this file as well, would it be possible
> to that the installation scripts copies it from the source tarball into the
> debian folder in such way that it can be removed from svn debian?

Are you in communication with the upstream developers? You could
maintain a patch adding the file you want in the source package, present
that patch to upstream arguing your case for why it would be good to
include it, and remove the patch when it's incorporated upstream

--
 \           “In case you haven't noticed, [the USA] are now almost as |
 `\     feared and hated all over the world as the Nazis were.” —Kurt |