Re: Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (14/04/2009):
> > Put them into /usr/lib/python*/site-packages, as documented in its
> > manpage?
>
> What, though, is ‘python*’ here? Remember, this is specifically for a
> module that (at present) has no build system upstream; the code is
> “installed” by manually copying files.

Given you only have a .py file, no need to iterate over every supported
python version (that would mean a loop over $(pyversions -s)), and only
install it into the location for the current/default python version
(thanks to $(pyversions -d)).

See the MANPAGE_WRITER_DIR setting I proposed.

Mraw,
KiBi.