Re: please test the numpy package

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 08:15:47AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Michael Hanke [Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:37:13 +0100]:
>
> > I'd be curious to know which/how many packages in lenny actually
> > build-depend on sphinx. Does anyone know a way to quickly determine
> > that -- it might provide some facts about the situation we are
> > speculating about.
>
> % zcat /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/dists/lenny/*/source/Sources.gz |
>   grep-dctrl -FBuild-Depends python-sphinx -ns package
> pymvpa
> python-django

Thanks a lot!

This is exactly what I suspected. None of those packages has RC-bugs,
hence no reason to allow for a transition to testing. Moreover, I
promise that pymvpa will not attempt such thing ;-)

> On sid there are a few more:
>
> jinja2
> matplotlib
> mpmath
> pymvpa
> python-django
> python-django-treebeard
> python-pysqlite2
> python-tempita
> python-webob
> rpy2
> webtest
Even for those there is no RC bug (although none of them will be part of
lenny anyway).

Given these facts, I'd very much appreciate an upload of latest sphinx to
unstable -- making complicated experiments with numpy's (and other docs)
obsolete.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

--