Re: RFS: mercurial 1.1.2

  Hi,

Vernon Tang wrote:
> On 8 Jan, 2009, at 6:52 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
>> PAPT is in Maintainer field, but you've made many changes so I'm CCing
>> guys listed in Uploaders hoping that they will take a look
>> (if you'll add yourself to Uploaders, I will not wait for their reply)

Thanks for this CC: I do not check papt ml very regularly.

> I would like to help actively maintain this package, so I'll add myself
> to Uploaders, but I'd still like to wait for the current Uploaders'
> opinions regardless.

You are very welcome. I'added mercurial in papt as I (the
initial packager) was not really still using mercurial so I do not give
enough attention to this package. My previous call for help on debian-devel
dis not lead to some real improvements after the packaging of the 1.0
version :-(. I'm very glad to see someone interesting in the packaging
of mercurial.

[lots of changes]
I will lot at them this WE (no free time at this moment)

>> * why not use trunk (IMHO there's no need to use new branch)
>
> Seeing as my changes were pretty extensive I wanted to wait for a review
> before committing them to trunk. Besides, I'm used to a branchy
> development style, hence why I chose to update the mercurial package :)
>
> Just committed the aforementioned changes.

You can use trunk...

Before uploading the 1.1 release, I would like to cleanup the default
conffile (no load of extensions by default as users cannot easily disable
them) as discussed with upstream a few month ago (a few weeks after the
lenny freeze)

For myself, I'm using git (with git-svn) to maintain mercurial with
branches for backport. If you want to take over (or even help with)
this package, I will send you all my works.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87