Re: Debhelper 7, Python package, multiple binary packages

Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:40:07PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > * uses ‘debhelper’ vversion 7 or later […]
> > * uses ‘python-support’
> > * creates multiple packages, preferably including a ‘foo-dbg’ package
>
> IIRC, backintime does all but the -dbg of these things.

Thanks, ‘backintime’ does indeed meet these criteria.

The ‘debian/rules’ file is doing some things that I'm confused about:

=====
override_dh_auto_clean:
        rm -rf locale common/po/*.mo
        find $(CURDIR) -name "*\.py[co]" -delete
        rm -f common/Makefile gnome/Makefile kde4/Makefile
=====

Is it necessary to remove ‘*.py[co]’ files? Wouldn't it be better to
call ‘dh_auto_clean’ to do this?

=====
override_dh_pysupport:
        dh_pysupport /usr/share/backintime/
=====

Is this necessary? Why can't ‘dh_pysupport’ do this without being
overridden here?

--
 \       “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe |
  `\   or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” —Arthur C. Clarke, |