Re: VCS for Python code Was: Trac team almost dead?

anatoly techtonik wrote:
> If we are all Python developers to some degree and know about PEP 374
> - what do you think about switching from SVN to HG for maintaining
> Debian packages? There is also "convert" extension that may allow to
> convert history from other sources to HG and PEP 385 that may help
> admins to decide how to move from SVN.

That won't happen as the main sponsors and the most active people in the team
will not touch hg. We'll stick with svn for now, but chances are good that we'll
add git support in the future. The reasons behind that were discussed often
enough, no need to start that again.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79