should Debian's Python cache module locations for import statments?

Hi,

the other day I asked myself why calendarserver (written in python using twisted) takes ages to start when booting my laptop. A measurable part of this is Python looking for modules. As the Debian OS pretty much knows what modules are in /usr/lib/python2.5 and friends, maybe Debian's Python should use that information, at least when called from scripts in /usr/{s,}bin? To add some numbers: For me (badly measured) fairly primitive caching seems to reduce
  python -c "import zope.interface"
from 5.5 to 2.5 seconds.[1]

Kind regards

T.