Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:27:55PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> I also tend to prefer solutions that look more robust, for example
> against existing PYTHONPATH variables. The rest is a matter of taste.

This is (now) the relevant part in /usr/bin/gnumed:

 # packages which install the GNUmed python modules into a path not
 # already accessible for imports via sys.path (say, /usr/share/gnumed/)
 # may need to adjust PYTHONPATH appropriately here
 #export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:/usr/share/gnumed/"

This should be robust and even mindful of the user maybe
having already pre-defined yet another path to the GNUmed
modules, shouldn't it ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346