Re: Migrating a package from from python-central: cleaning up

[Piotr Ożarowski, 2009-03-09]
> > > I'm a little bit busy these days (so I didn't check pycentral's
> > > code... yet), but isn't this bug fixed already (probably in 0.6.9
> > > aka 0.6.10)?

it's not fixed

I was also hit by another upgrade related bug recently - upgrading from
one pycentral based version to another can be broken as well if new
package provides different files. I needed to use "rm -rf" to clean all
the files (hint: make sure some other packages are not using the same
namespace before removing whole directory)

Here's my preinst file:

| #!/bin/sh
| # remove this file after releasing Squeeze
| set -e
| if [ "$1" = upgrade ] && dpkg --compare-versions "$2" lt VERSION
| then
| 	pycentral pkgremove python-MODULE
|	# if pycentral doesn't remove all files, use below lines
| 	rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MODULE/
| 	rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MODULE/
| fi
|
| #DEBHELPER#

VERSION - the one where preinst file is introduced
MODULE - module name that package is providing
python-MODULE is package name

--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-