Compiled bytecode files location (was: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze)

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> Sure, pysupport is not perfect. Using /var/ for bytecompiled stuff
> is probably the worst of it's bugs, but maintainer is aware of this
> and will most probably fix it during the move to
> /usr/{share,lib}/py{,3}shared - and I have a reasons to believe that
> he'll use this path if you decide to use /usr/lib/py{3,}shared (I'll
> convince him, leave it to me ;)

I saw no response to Message-ID: <87skwceynw.fsf@benfinney.id.au> on
this forum, but would love to be convinced this will be fixed. This is
probably the last remaining issue keeping me with ‘python-central’ for
my packages.

--
 \     “He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let |
  `\              that fool you. He really is an idiot.” —Groucho Marx |