Frozen unstable (was: please test the numpy package)

Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> writes:

> I am unhappy that unstable gets frozen for such a long time, but I
> understand that with the current setup (e.g. unstable, testing, ..),
> there is probably no other way.

I'm unhappy about it too, but I don't understand it. Where can I find
an explanation for the necessity of freezing ‘unstable’ when preparing
to release ‘testing’?

--
 \         “A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of |
  `\                                              five.” —Groucho Marx |