Re: Need help with revelation

Scott Kitterman pisze:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:00:40 +0000 bd@bc-bd.org wrote:
Simply removing the package may be a bad idea, as people who are using
revelation will then no longer be able to access their password lists.

Removing the package from the archive won't remove it from installed systems.

Hi Scott,

It's true, but probably not all true :) For example, what about release upgrade? I remember that when I run `do-release-upgrade` command for Ubuntu then I can only agree or disagree to remove *all* packages removed from Ubuntu. I don't know how to save only one package I still need, for example revelation.

If it's dead upstreamam then I'd suggest it ought to go.

I'm very curious how many debianized sources are dead now. Probably it's not only revelation. Do you want to remove all of them?

In my opinion it's better to save that packages as long as someone wants to maintain them and they are useful for their users and don't have unrepairabled bugs.

My best regards,

Pawel