Re: Boost.Python: Build and Install with Python 2.4 and 2.5?

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:45:18PM -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> The question, then, is how to distinguish them once installed?

> Should we:

[...]

> The drawback to all these approaches is that client code has to be
> adjusted to build on Debian.

Decorate only the shared library names with the python versions, and retain
the current names for the .a files and .so symlinks - with two separate -dev
packages that conflict with one another?

That still prevents anyone from packaging an extension that builds for both
python2.4 and python2.5 at once using Boost.Python, but I think it solves
all the other drawbacks of the other solutions you suggested.