Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2008 à 00:48 +0100, Ondrej Certik a écrit :
> Imho if we are going to only version the debian dir, then I also don't
> see such a strong argument for git (or other distributed vcs). Since
> it will still need to fiddle with upstream tarball and also with
> debian/patches + quilt.

Precisely. TTBOMK no other VCS is as smooth to operate as subversion
*for Debian packages*. Only svn-buildpackage can handle correctly the
versioning of the debian/ directory alone.

The only serious alternative is to make feature branches corresponding
to patches and to serialize them on the fly before building. I know
Pierre Habouzit has some scripts to do it with git.

--
 .''`.